30 October, 2010

Potato & White Fish Salad

This is a favorite of mine ever since I don't remember when, from my mother's home entertaining at special occasions or holidays. The other day I just got a craving for the garlicky stuff and I bought 2 fillets of pangasius fish (it works with any white fish). Then, all you have to do is boil some potatoes (skin on), and whisk a good bowl of mayonnaise from two eggs and some vegetable oil. Do not use extra virgin olive oil that has too strong a flavor, unless you absolutely love it. I used sunflower. Into the mayo throw a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. I didn't use any lemon. I like it better without lemon in this particular salad.
After the (2-3 big) potatoes are boiled well to the core, extract them from the pot, let them rest for 10 mins and then peel off the skin. Chop the yellow things into smallish cubes (dimension to taste). 
The fish fillets are also boiled by now; you get rid of the skin and all the leftover bones as much as possible, then mash up the boiled fish meat into smallish chunks (about the size that you've cut the potato cubes).
That's it: now just mix well together the potato, fish bits and mayonnaise. Season to taste (I lke mine a bit peppery) and add the last and most important ingredient/condiment: garlic. About 2-3 cloves of garlic, crushed, for the whole salad.
If it is still a bit warm, it is best served later, chilled, so the garlic has time to infuse the bulk of it. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...