03 August, 2011

Guacamole
























I know that any self respecting food related site either has already given the guacamole recipe or doesn't regard it as important to repeat. Anyway, I live in Romania, Eastern Europe, so, for me, the fruit of avocado is a relatively recent addition to the diet as well as to the market shelves. The same goes for the tortilla chips, although I've eaten a lot of corn flour products (polenta, "mamaliga" in Romanian, for example).
Long story short, I've decided to make guacamole for some chips because it's summer and the cooking should be light. And because I picked up a couple avocados from the supermarket and they had to be used. 
Yes, it's the first time that I eat both guacamole and nachos. But they taste good just the same if made well from fresh ingreds.

INGREDIENTS:


  • 1 or 2 ripe avocado fruits;
  • 1 clove garlic;
  • 1 medium onion;
  • the jiuce from 1 lime (I used half a lemon);
  • can use 1 tomato pealed and cubed (I didn't).





HOW TO MAKE:

Take out the big seed of the avocado fruit and scoop out the pulp with a spoon. Chop finely the onion and garlic. Mash the avocado pulp with a fork (it should be easy, if the fruit is ripe). Mix well the avocado, onion, garlic and lemon juice. Now start dipping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...