05 October, 2009

Pickles Time

It is now october, which means that autumn has come for real. In traditional societies in which people tend to their winter feeding needs, when autumn comes, it's pickles time. This year, I decided that I would make my own pickled cucumbers! I went to the market and I bought myself everything (4 kg of small, hard cucumbers, dry dill, horseradish, celery leafs etc.) I labored for two hours and I got it done. A few jars of pickles. They smell incredible from the celery leaf and time and garlic. I must add that my pickles are in salt, not the ones in vinegar, that fill the shelves of local supermarkets. I just can't wait to enjoy them on the side of a steamy plate of beans with smoked pork leg! Sorry, no recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...