04 July, 2010

Sote Veggies & Cucumber Salad

My interest in broad beans (fresh from the outdoor market) has materialized in yet another fine meal. For a summer lunch we had some chicken meat to grill and in my late trip to the local market I picked up some half kilo broad beans (the yellow with violet spots kind) along with some cauliflower. As I decided to bring more and more fresh vegetables into our family's diet, I went for the sote version of the veggies, with oil, lots of chopped new garlic and fresh parsley.
Because the meal asked for a side salad, I made a nice summer cucumber salad with a white onion cut julien topped with lots of fragrant dill. The dressing is made of oil, salt & pepper and vinegar to taste.

INGREDIENTS:

SOTE VEGGIES
  • chicken meat for the grilling;
  • 1/2 kilo broad beans;
  • 300 gr. cauliflower into flowerttes;
  • 3-5 cloves garlic chopped;
  • 1 handfull chopped parsley;
  • 2 tbsp. olive oil;
  • salt & pepper.
CUCUMBER SALAD
  • 1/2 kilo cucumbers, sliced;
  • 1 medium white onion, cut julien;
  • chopped dill to taste;
  • vegetable oil, vinegar, salt& pepper.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...